Hold an Event
Taste of the Gardens Catering
Taste of the Gardens Catering Menu
Thank you for considering Taste of the Gardens as your caterer. Taste of the Gardens catering is the in-house caterer at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Our culinary artistic ability and service reflect the image of our botanic gardens and sculpture park.
Whether planning a festive celebration, an elegant wedding or an important corporate event, we have earned a reputation for unparalleled taste, service and style. We combine deliciously distinctive food with beautiful presentation to create events that are a work of art. No matter what the occasion, Taste of the Gardens will delight your senses.
We take pride in being the in-house caterer. Our sales department is located within the facility rental department, ensuring accurate communication. To assist in the selection process of your menu items, consultations may be scheduled with the Food and Beverage department.
If there is a particular dish or item you do not see here and wish to experience for your special occasion, please bring it to our attention and we would be happy to attempt it for your event.
Taste of the Gardens has an extremely qualified staff to insure that your event will be a success. We are here to assist you in every aspect of the planning and execution of your special function. The following policies and procedures have been established to make a smooth running event easy to achieve.
In order to provide you with the highest quality of food service, Taste of the Gardens Catering needs to inform all clients of the following policies:
- Advance notice of your event is required. Taste of the Gardens Catering must receive guarantees for all events, including guest counts, at least seven (7) days prior to the function. Guest counts will be used to purchase all ingredients for menu production and to arrange for the proper number of service personnel. We encourage you to consider guests who may partake in more than their allotted portions when confirming final guest counts. If a guarantee is not provided, the last number received will be used as a guarantee. For events booked in less than two (2) weeks, menu options will be honored if available.
- Taste of the Gardens will only prepare to serve the guaranteed number of attendees. If attendance is above this amount, with authorization, we will prepare, serve and charge for additional meals if possible. Be advised this may cause a delay and the additional meals, if available, may be different from those originally ordered.
- Due to health department regulations, food items cannot be removed from the facility. This policy applies to all food, including entrees for guaranteed guests unable to attend.
- Outside food and beverage is prohibited from the facility with the exception of approved cake service.
- Taste of the Gardens Catering cannot be responsible for food quality due to delays of 30 minutes or more within the scheduled start time.
- To expedite your plated service (if applicable) and avoid confusion, we recommend that only one (1) meal choice be provided for all of your guests. If two (2) different menu selections are required then:
- Place cards must be provided for each guest with an identifying menu selection to assure proper meal service.
- A $2 per person multiple choice fee is applied when choosing two separate entrees, when selecting a plated dinner. Pricing varies upon selections.
- Events must be secured with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) at the time of booking. A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your date with Taste of the Gardens. An additional 50% deposit is due thirty (30) days prior to the event. The remaining balance is due five (5) days prior to your event date in the form of cash, corporate or cashier's check (no personal checks accepted) or charge.
- Prices are per person. The listed price for full service catering includes tableware, standard guest linens, utensils and equipment. Linen and skirting for auxiliary tables are available on a rental basis ($20 per table to linen and skirt). Some set-ups require additional linen which will be charged accordingly ($5 per additional linen). All menu prices are subject to change due to market condition.
- All menu prices are subject to 6% sales tax and a service charge of 20% with a minimum of $150. Additional staffing fees may apply and are quoted based upon final menu and type of service. Additional staffing fees are $25 per hour, per staff.
- If tax exempt, Taste of the Gardens Catering must receive a tax exempt letter and ID number seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Cake cutting services are $1.25 per person and include china, flatware, cutting and serving of the cake. You may also choose to cut your own cake and rent china and forks for .65 cents per person.
Prices and products are subject to change due to market availability and pricing fluctuations.
Office hours for the Food & Beverage department are Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm.